Why do we collect information?
We maintain a contact database with details of individuals with whom our office has had contact or anyone that we invite to events in our office. We have two elements of our contact list (a) contacts relating to our work with the EU (b) individuals with a connection to Northern Ireland in a personal capacity
What kind of information do we collect?
We record if individuals have a connection to Northern Ireland in a personal capacity and for some contacts we have personal email details
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information that we collect as a basis for invitation lists for events we hold. We do not share the information that we hold with anyone outside of the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
Access to information and correction
Any information we collect will be retained for no longer than is necessary, and in line with the Department’s retention and disposal schedule.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed, and access to your personal data
- You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing, in specific circumstances
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant.
We want to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up to date. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, or if you wish to correct or update the information that we hold about you, please email us at Info.BrusselsOffice@executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk
How to contact us
The data controller is The Executive Office (TEO) in the Northern Ireland Civil Service
You can also contact us by post or telephone:
180 Chaussée d’Etterbeek,
Tel: 0032 (0) 2 2901 330
The TEO Data Protection Officer is:
Dr David Lammey
Upper Newtownards Rd,
(+44) 028 9052 8400
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
14 Cromac Place
Tel: 028 9027 8757 or 0303 123 1114